Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What's the best drug store liquid foundation?

I used to buy my makeup from department stores, but realized I could get the same quality at drug stores for a much cheaper price.I'm pretty content with the foundation I use now (Revlon) but want to try something new. I have also tried Neutrogena. I need something that can cover up the occasional breakout, as well as last all day. It also needs to be oil-free. Thanks in advance.What's the best drug store liquid foundation?
cover girl tru blend micro minerals is AMAZING. A-MAZ-ING!





I used to wear just liquids all the time. Then this came out. I've been obsessed with it. It IS a powder, mineral powder. It has great coverage and hides all my little break outs. It looks like a liquid but feels like a powder. I love it. You should try it. It's about 10 dollars wherever you get it, but it's worth it. I used to use MAC and Bare Essentials..but this is just as good.





Good luck!


**What's the best drug store liquid foundation?
If you have oily skin, then liquid foundation isn't a very good idea. It wont blend in properly because of the oiliness and wont stay too long. Try getting a powder form. I have oily skin too and so far no liquid foundation suits my skin type. If you;re looking at drug store brands then I would say try NYC foundations. I use NYC bare mineral loose powder and it gives me really good coverage.


Here's the website


http://www.newyorkcolor.com/products/ind鈥?/a>
Neutrogena's micro-clear technology in their foundations is pretty good with acne. Revlon is the master of drug store foundations. Cover Girl has been a favorite. You may want to try Maybelline mousse (let's your pores breathe) and their mineral line (covers really well and plus good for acne-prone skin due to its mineral properties). they also have this active on the go foundation -can't quite remember the name -that's good if you're a student always on the go but you don't need to look like you're attending a ball or something.





and always always always -remember SPF!!!!





take care!
Revlon Colorstay! I'm not sure if that's the same Revlon you have, but I highly recommend it. It doesn't make me the least bit orange and isn't cakey. It also has great coverage, so a concealer isn't really needed. I'm so happy that the foundation is kind of customized for your skin type. They have a Normal to Dry one, and an Combination/Oily one. I use the Combination/Oily one because well, my face is disgustingly oily haha. I still have to touch up the oil on my face by lunch time, but other than that, my foundation looks perfect alll day! Another favorite of mine is Almay Smart Shade. It's more like a tinted moisturizer but it's perfect for summer when you don't want to have loads of make up on :)
To be honest, drug store foundation is not at all better than department stores who make great quality good for a higher price. There may be one or two gems in the drug store but overall in a department store everything is mostly really good.





I'd suggest going to The Body Shop instead, they do quite good foundations in around 11 colours for a good price. There makeup is also oil free and kind to the environment.
Well form my previous experiences it depends a lot on the type of skin you have, and also how much you are willing to pay. The cheap ones can often work okay but most of the cheapest ones don't work too well (such as http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/160558/200.jpg , to me that foundation barely does a thing and certainly doesn't last) I recently tried the Maybelline pure makeup, its oil free, I find that for its alright price that it works really well although it isn't likely to last the whole day without touchups. There are some foundations that promise all sorts of wondrous things but are ridiculously expensive, I recommend going for a middle range price. The main thing is trial %26amp; error as different foundations work differently depending on your skin. So maybe try the Maybelline Pure Makeup ( http://www.glossi.com.au/cart/images/PureMakeup.jpg ) and see how that goes for you. And always make sure you get the right shade, recently girls have been wearing foundation a few shades darker than their skin tone because everyone wants to look 'tanned' and such, but this can look really tacky (and orange!) if you don't get it right, so get one that matches your skin. :)
i have tried the revlon colorstay and thats probably what you use. haha


but another one i really love love is loreal paris infallible makeup. its a lot like colorstay but i feel that it lasts longer and goes on smoother. I am actually on my way to walgreens to buy the loreal one! Good Luck!
maybeline!





i love it!





it's a little pricy,


but totally worth it.





it stay on all day


and won't brush off


or fade away until


you take it off at night.





if that is too pricy,


my second suggestion would


be covergirl!








good luck!
Cover Girl





but if you want to know the best make up is made by Mary Kay. Have used it for over 30 yrs and it is a clean makeup.
I would say L'Oreal, but it's always good to be able to try before you buy.
revlon color stay or covergirl.





loreal tru match is good too :)








oooh maybelline dream matte mouse!


amazinggggggg.
maybelline mineral power.
Stick with Revlon. If you don't have Revlon ColorStay, then use that :) its the best one seriously.
ive heard neutrogena is ok but i only use good brands truthfully
  • kiss lip gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment