Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Does the powder used on top of liquid foundation lead to oily skin?

I am looking for the perfect makeup for my face. I definitely have breakouts, but only my forehead appears oily at the most... As far as powder goes, would I be better off avoiding the powder (so there is less to clog my pores) or would it help absorb the oil?Does the powder used on top of liquid foundation lead to oily skin?
i have the perfect solution for you ...im 14 and have oilyskin and breakouts too .....so i use bye bye blemish corrective minerals and its the best make up in the world my cheeks are quite red and it covers it without covering my frckles and my t zone is extremly olit and it covers that and stays in place even at gymnastics lol its made not to clog pores and after a week of using it its true my skin looks amazing as far as your question too haeavy of either liquid or powder would clog your pores but this applies more to powder in my experience make sure you remove your make up fully each day whenever you dont need to wear it and drink plenty of water for good skin


good luck


xxxDoes the powder used on top of liquid foundation lead to oily skin?
Powder on top of foundation doesn't make your skin create more oil but if it isn't oil-free it might seem that way. If you're prone to breakouts, applying too much pressed powder throughout the day can contribute to clogged pores and breakouts.





I have weird skin that is dry but breaks out when I use the wrong products because it's sensitive. I still use loose powder, not to absorb oil but because it helps set your foundation and makes it last longer. For that purpose, try a loose powder that's good quality and finely milled. Sonia Kashuk makes a loose powder for target stores that's very good quality but not as expensive as higher end brands.





As for getting rid of oil during the day, instead of powder try those blue clean %26amp; clear oil absorbing sheets. Many drugstores make their own knockoffs of them and work exactly the same (I know CVS, Walmart, and rite aid do). They're a godsend! I use them every day. They don't affect your makeup and don't add anything to your face but take away the oil. Just make sure to BLOT with them, not rub it across your face (I've seen some people do this).
it depends what kind of pressed powder you use...








like a mineral foundation is good...


the oil based kind can clog your pores....





uhm if you have breakouts...have you ever considered the fact that the foundation can beh the cause...


I used to beh a cakeface and would always wonder why my skin was sooo bad...


and so in order to hide my bad skin....i'd pile on foundation...


it kept getting worse then finally i realized...maybeh it's my foundation causing this..


I stopped using it and started really taking care of my skin...


and watching what I ate....because that can affect your skin too...





and my skin cleared up....


try different exfoliants...and cleansers....


stuff with antioxidants and aloe....plus some stuff with like citris....to liven up your skin....you'll see an improvement
well i would recommend using cover up for your acne...not foundation...i also have acne...i just use cover up for my acne and then use a little of mineral powder on top of the cover up...and it doesn't get oily%26lt;33
the liquid foundation is what's contributing to the oily skin.


..not the powder.
no it shouldnt once you cleanse your skin at nightime and take off your make up. powder mattifys your makeup and will prevent shine caused by oil on your skin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment