Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Can I use this brush to apply liquid foundation?

I just started wearing liquid foundation and I'm not sure on the best way to apply it. I have a sponge because I hate putting it on with my fingers but I've been hearing using a foundation brush is better. Can I use the Full Coverage Kabuki Brush that I have from when I wore Bare Minerals or should I go buy a different kind of brush?


Thanks!Can I use this brush to apply liquid foundation?
Don't use the Kabuki brush because it will soak up too much foundation and you will waste it and end up applying too much on your face. If there is a Target close by, go out and grab Sonia Kashuk's foundation brush (around $15). It's cheaper than most you find at the mall and works a lot better...I couldn't live without mine!





The reason for the foundation brush is to use less foundation, not contaminate the bottle, and to get an even and perfect application. You can get this with sponges too, but some of them soak up foundation and you have to buy them constantly. It's better if you buy one brush and wash it weekly.Can I use this brush to apply liquid foundation?
You know the best way to apply it is with the tips of your fingers..you see the warmth of your hands with melt it a little and make it easier to apply.





You also get much more even coverage, with your fingers, I also agree with one of the other posters, when you use a sponge, it tends to waste a lot of your foundation because the sponge is well a sponge and will soak up a lot more of your foundation.





Good Luck
I'm pretty sure a kabuki brush is for powder. A good foundation brush will cost you about $30 no matter where you buy it, but it is well worth the investment!! Just make sure to clean it with soap and warm water (gently) about once a week. I have had mine for 2+ years now, and have just taken very good care of it and it still does an amazing job. I know Estee Lauder has brush sets - a set of brushes for all different things (powder, foundation, concealor, eyeshadow) - a set is about $80 but a good investment if you want your makeup to look amazing. You just must, must, must remember to clean your brushes regularly, or it will be bad news for your skin!
I used to use Bare Minerals, and the Kabuki Brush that comes with the kit is only for mineral foundation.


I got this brush set for Christmas and I love the foundation brush that comes with it:


http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jh鈥?/a>





You could also try this Clinique foundation brush, my mom uses it and she loves it:


http://www.clinique.ca/templates/product鈥?/a>
well, when i put liquid foundation on i use my fingers, but if you don't like using your fingers i would strongly suggest that you use like a special type of liquid foundation brush like i use a mary Kate brush sometimes and it works very well, but definitely don't use the mineral cover up brush it ruins the brush and shows up blotchy on your skin sometimes.
no you can get like wide thin brushes which are quite big to apply liquid foundation, mac do special brushes


but best not use eye shadow brushes as they can ruin them, believe me i know :/


also you can use sponges ( makeup ones ) not normal ones lol, they workwell.


ysl do a foundation/concealer brush ';touch eclat'; and it says the brush it why it looks flawless





hope i helped


x
First off, Do not listen to the post about NOT using a brush for foundation. All the make up artists use brushes and in fact many brands offer FOUNDATION BRUSHES for LIQUID ONLY. I love the one at target by sonia kushuk!


http://www.target.com/Kashuk-Tools-Found鈥?/a>





As far as if its BETTER or EASIER, I think that is a personal preference so you will just have to find one, buy it, and try it. But you will prob still use your spongue to fine tune the finish.





DO NOT USE JUST ANY BRUSH AND DONT YOU DARE USE A KABUKI BRUSH FOR LIQUID! ACK lol.... good luck.





check out youtube for tut's on applying liquid foundation with a brush.
a brush should NEVER be used to apply a liquid foundation or concealer, you can use a sponge which works quite well, or just get over using your hands. The warmth helps for coverage. Brushes should be used to apply pressed powders and loose powders.





There's loads of makeup teaching videos on youtube =D
You're right, sponges tend to ';eat'; the product, it just ends up getting wasted because it soaks most of it up. You can use a Kabuki Brush, I find it gives me the best coverage when using mineral powder make-up and my Mac Studio Fix Fluid. You can always settle for a small foundation brush, but I love the airbrushed effect 'buki's give. Plus, they look so cute; especially in their cute travel sizes!
you should never use just any 'ole brush to put on liquid foundation....you're going to ruin it! especially a kabuki brush, that is the LAST thing you should use. sheesh.





a foundation brush is flat, like this http://images.beauty-images.com/jid/cata鈥?/a>








personally, i think thin sponges are much easier and blend in the foundation better, and you have more control over the application. just make sure that you change sponges at least every week.
That brush is for powder foundation. For liquid foundation use: http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/invt/10583
generally brushes are for powder and sponges are for liquid.


I prefer my fingertips over anything for liquid. its easier to blend and control with your fingertips. you'll get used to it eventually.
a stipller brush is grat they are a bit expensive if you get it from mac. but you can get one from costal scents brush for like 7 or 8 dollars
you ahve to use the sponge, you'll ruin the brush and it wont work... :/
u can only use a brush if it is a non liquid foundation...
u dont use a brush for liquid foundation but maybe a sponge would work
  • kiss lip gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment