Wednesday, December 30, 2009

When you apply liquid foundation, what kind of powder do you set it with?

On days when I'm not wearing liquid, I used pressed powders as my only foundation. When I wear liquid foundation, I never set it with a pressed powder, always loose. As a matter of fact, I first use a loose powder that adds a bit more coverage, then use a completely translucent loose powder on top of that to make the skin look more matte. What kind of powder do others of you use to set your liquid foundation, and do you have any valuable tips to provide?When you apply liquid foundation, what kind of powder do you set it with?
I always use loose powder, and never pressed. A make up artist told me that you should never 'drag' the powder puff over your skin, and instead dab, or blot your skin with the puff, almost in a rocking motion over your skin. I use the chanel 'poudre universelle' (please excuse my spelling), and I think it's great! I only use one layer of powder, or else my skin gets blotchy from too much product.





Also, when applying eye makeup, put excess loose powder, or talc under your eyes, and then it will catch any excess eyeshadow. Then simply brush it away.When you apply liquid foundation, what kind of powder do you set it with?
It depends on which foundation I'm wearing that day.





MAC Mineralize Satinfinish, I use L'oreal Hydra Perfect loose powder. I find that a loose powder helps cut down some of the shimmer in the foundation.





MAC Studio Fix Fluid, I use MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (pressed powder). The foundation already dries to a matte finish so I find this powder doesn't make me look too matte like a loose powder would.





Creme foundations, loose powder.
You can use about any foundation powder.


I use Rimmel London powder, over my Sing. Club A cream foundation.


You can use translucent too, then just buff it in with a kabuki brush.
i use pressed powder all of the time,

No comments:

Post a Comment