Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What is better, mineral makeup for older skin with imperfections or liquid foundation?

I have watched the commercials for Sheer Cover and Bare Minerals and they look good but do they work? Will they make older skin look dry and fill in wrinkles? Does it really cover? Are they a mess? How is LOreal and the cheaper mineral makeup versions? What ingredients do you look for in this type of makeup? I hate wearing liquid foundation when it is hot and humid and thought the powder-mineral makeup might feel better, but I need to cover skin imperfections and dark eye circles! What is better, mineral makeup for older skin with imperfections or liquid foundation?
My husband always makes a comment when I wear liquid foundation. He says in the sunlight I look too made up and can see the liquid foundation caked on my face. He never notices when I wear bare minerals. It does give a flawless look. I am 49.What is better, mineral makeup for older skin with imperfections or liquid foundation?
im a beauty therapist and ive always been told to use a cream base on more mature skin. also, use a translucent powder to seal it. it doesnt change the colour of the foundation but it stops it fading. so to be honest, id avoid both. liquid would be th better option though. agian use the powder. GL x Report Abuse

It's how you apply it. You start with light applications, then add more if you need it. Mineral makeup works, looks, and feels so much better, if you know how to apply it correctly. They can be messy, but not if you're careful and put your powders in large jars. I've not used L'Oreal, but I do have Bare Minerals and Everyday Minerals and they are great! Everyday Minerals is much cheaper and they have a huge variety, but Bare Minerals has been around longer and makes a better product, I think. If you hate the feel of liquid makeup, but still want the coverage, Everyday Minerals makes a pressed powder with jojoba oil. There is a really helpful site called Mineral Makeup Matters that you can find all sorts of good info on mineral makeup. Look for mica based powders that have zinc oxide and titanium oxide. These are soothing to your skin and actually block UV rays.
I am 50 and use Bare Minerals. I have tried the L'Oreal and it is as nice. I didn't like the brush that came with it either.


The one thing to remember when using BM is to keep brushing in circles with it. The more you do the more it ';melts'; and blends into your face. I find it very easy to use and fast. My JCPenneys carries it and was handing out samples. Go and get your face done with it and wear it for a day. Be sure to have a cosmetician help you find the right shade.
i think mineral is better altogether, even though liquid does look nice mineral makes your skin look more flawless.


Go for mineral


xxx鈾モ櫏鈾x

No comments:

Post a Comment