Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Can you have liquid foundation in your carryon?

my favorite foundation is currently pure makeup by maybelline in a small plastic bottle.


i know the airlines are strict about what you bring with you on the plane, but would i have problems bringing my foundation with me?Can you have liquid foundation in your carryon?
You need to have them in 3 ounce or less bottles, and put them in a clear zip-lock bag when you take them through security.





But Yes, you can bring it on-board with you.Can you have liquid foundation in your carryon?
Not as long as your total liquid volume in your carry-on is no more than 3 ounces. I usually just buy some when I arrive at my destination city unless I'm going overseas in which case I put some in a larger, unbreakable plastic bottle, wrap it tightly in saran wrap and then put it into a ziplock plastic bag in my checked luggage.
You can bring up to 3 oz. The best site for what you can and can not bring on flights is the TSA sight at


:


http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/p鈥?/a>





Just pack small. I had a friend who had to give up her favorite perfume as it was over the 3 oz. limit. If you have something larger than that, double bag it in zip lock bags, and put between clothes in your checked bags.
If it is less than 3 oz, yes. Keep in mind that it cannot be 3 oz in a larger container - it has to be marked 3 oz on the container, otherwise you will be made to throw it out. Most drugstore brands are less than 3 oz so you should be fine.
Under 7 ounces bottle put in a plastick zip bag is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment