Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What's the best to use to blend liquid foundation? sponge or brush?

If brush - which is the best one to buy from mac.What's the best to use to blend liquid foundation? sponge or brush?
If you use cheaper fohndation, then use a sponge. But if your foundation is more expensive, the sponge will absorb it and so you will waste some of it- in this case you'll need to use a brush. Check out fafinettex3's videos for tips on blending foundation and which Mac brushes to use too! :)What's the best to use to blend liquid foundation? sponge or brush?
I have found that using a skunk brush ( MAC 187 ~ duo fibre brush) gives the best results when applying liquid foundation. It literally leaves no streaks on your face compared to a reg foundation brush ( think MAC 190), as well as it gives an ';air-brushed'; finish. It doesn't soak up or waste as much foundation as a sponge would either. It's awesome for thicker foundations too as it doesn't apply cakey on the skin.





When I say ';skunk brush'; it just means that the tips of the brush are usually white, and the rest of the bristles are black. Aka ~ skunk. lol! I know you said that you're not on a budget, which is good I suppose as MAC's 187 is about $42 or so. I do know that Target carries one called Sonia Kashuk (sp?) Highlighting brush, which is also black %26amp; white, and costs around $14 or so. In my opinion it is comparable, if not better than MAC's. My MAC 187 sheds like crazy.





The skunk brush also is great for applying highly pigmented blushes, cream blushes, as well as powder too. It is a very versatile brush. I love it so much I have 3 :) Hope this helped some?
I use both. I first apply the foundation with a brush and then blend with a sponge. Then finish with loose powder.





Make sure you ask for a foundation brush, they are different from the blush and powder brushes. I bought my foundation brush from Chanel, but I'm sure that MAC makes one as well.
It really depends on your skin, the type of make-up you use and how much you're putting on. With most liquid foundations I use a sponge. Wet it slightly at first to make the foundation blend easily. Good luck! x
i think it depends on your skin and your skins texture, i have large pores and oilly skin - i prefer to use a sponge and then powder with a brush.
Liquid = Sponge


Powder = Brush
Liquid = sponge


Powder = brush
sponge.





brushes are better for poowders

No comments:

Post a Comment