Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Do U use a sponge or a brush to apply liquid foundation?

Okay I wanted to know if you use a sponge or a brush to apply liquid foundation, I just bought a foundation brush but I've used damp sponges to apply foundation but a lot of people are using brushes and i wanted to know which comes out better?? which looks more natural and more finished?Do U use a sponge or a brush to apply liquid foundation?
Well, it comes down to a matter of preference, for more coverage, and a polished and flawless look, you would use a brush; however if you wanted a more sheer almost bare/natural look, you would use a sponge. Then it comes down to your application technique, if you usa a brush and spread it on, you get a more flawless covered look, where as if yu use more of a dabbing or blotting application type, you venture closer to the look you get with a sponge, not exactly, but closer to that look. Spreading it on with a sponge looks more smooth, but it does not always cover evenly, blotting it on with a sponge covers, but may not exactly provide the look you want, however is more easily corrected than some of the other methods.Do U use a sponge or a brush to apply liquid foundation?
Fingers are the best way to apply Liquid foundation cause the Warmth from your fingers help blend the makeup better into your skin.





Sponges absorb most if the makeup, That's very true





Brushes are great but sometime (foundation brushes) can look streaking on you so that causes for Little more blending your going to have to do.





I like to use my fingers.
When you use a Brush or a SPONGE it doesn't come out natural looking. The best way it to apply tiny dots around your face then rub it in with your hands. Your hand do a better jobs because it gets it more rub into your face and plus brushes are for power foundation sponges are for PANCAKE-makeup\foundation. Use HANDS!
I personally use a sponge for liquid foundation because I get the most even coverage with it. Then I use a brush for the finishing powder.





I don't know--the whole liquid on face brush thing never appealed to me. Works for some people though. I know it works well for liquid concealer.
I use a Clinique foundation brush. I love it. I get a perfect look every time with very little effort, and the brushes are much more sanitary in my opinion. You can wash the brush every day if you want to, but three times a week is probably enough.
The cleaner the tool, the better. That's why I use my fingertips. If you use a sponge or brush, you waste half the foundation on that and go through product more quickly. I haven't seen a difference so I just dab away with my fingers and don't have to worry about having to clean my brushes.
I use a foundation brush. I think it looks more polished. just make sure you blend your foundation in well and you'll be fine.





I would suggest purchasing brushes from somewhere like MAC or Bobbi Brown. Better quality and the bristle wont shed on your face and get mixed in with ur foundation.
A lot of people like to use a brush but I do not because it would not make any difference to me. My fingers work as well. They say that mineral liquid foundations are more likely to set better with a brush but I honestly do not see a difference-
um....im not sure....when i get my makeup done at Benefit they use a sponge, but at Clinique they use a brush.....i dont usually wear foundation though, but a brush applies more deeply into the skin and a sponge applies it so it will sit on the skin
I would never use a brush to apply liquid foundation. because then the brush gets all droopy and discolored and it wont last very long, and it doesn't blend it in quite right.
sponge. a brush make mine streaky but if you pat on the foundation and don't rub it all over, it comes out really natural looking like you haven't put any kind of concealer on!
brush





the sponge soaks up liquid therefore less product is on your face therefore you need to take more and more for proper coverage therefore, you use up the product faster therefore, you waste more money
Use you hand!! You waste half the foundation on a brush or a sponge! Plus I find it the only way to get in the place that really need it, under eyes, nose etc.
Sponges have a tendency to soak up liquid makeup. Brushes provided a better more natural finish.
I always use a sponge and then use a brush to add a light dust of powder the same collour and that always works best for me xxx
Brush to apply


then even it out with a wet sponge





Fingers are never bad! but the thing to remember with any of these three is to keep them ALL clean!!





xo
Yes i use sponge for liquid foundation
i always use a sponge for my make-up and then dust over a little powder with a brush. try mac.... it's awesome.
I use a MAC brush. =] I feel like the brush is safer and cleaner
trial and error ! It is different for everyone. I myself use a beauty blender sponge some days and other days..... well i just use my hands!
i use a clinque brush, it makes your skin feel more 'aired' than sponges!
i use my hands n fingers x

No comments:

Post a Comment