Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What is the best liquid foundation for VERY light skin? I tried ivory, soft ivory but even that is too pink.?

Every now and then I get blemishes on parts of my face but most of my skin is very fair. I would like to even out my skin tone on those days to my natural look but I'm having trouble finding the right foundation that won't make my entire face pink or even worse orange. What brands have worked for you? Please don't recommend powder products they make my skin too dry.What is the best liquid foundation for VERY light skin? I tried ivory, soft ivory but even that is too pink.?
You might want to consider going to a department store to buy your foundation if you haven't already. A lot of drugstore foundations are too pink or orange for MOST people's skin, not just very light skin like ours.





Clinique has some good choices for very light skin tones; I have porcelain skin and I use their Perfectly Real makeup in Fair. Also, you might want to check out Stila's foundations, especially their lightest shades.





Another option you may want to consider--although it is expensive--is having a foundation custom-blended for you. Last I heard, Prescriptives offered this service. If you have trouble finding an exact match to your skin any other way, it's something to think about.What is the best liquid foundation for VERY light skin? I tried ivory, soft ivory but even that is too pink.?
my best friend has this problem, her skin is very very fair.





she uses http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jh鈥?/a>





it moisturizers her skin, doesn't make her look cakey and is a perfect match for her, it completely blends in!
Go to the Prescriptives counter in a dept. store. They can match any complexion and will tell you the best blush and eye colors to wear, too. It's worth the price.
Philosophy makes a clear liquid foundation called ';The Present';. Yes, it is clear and yet it some how evens out my skin tone. And because it's clear, it looks totally natural. In fact, it makes my face look flawless, like an airbrushed make- up ad. I love this stuff! It allows my own color to come through and makes my skin so soft and smooth. It does cost more then drug store brands but a little goes a long way and it's worth every penny! I was so happy when someone finally came out with a CLEAR foundation. Philosophy is awesome! You can find it at sephora, drugstore.com and philosophy.com.


This is the stuff you are looking for!
Try bee luscious cosmetics liquid powder mineral foundation in the color linen its exactly what you are looking for.
There are corrective pigments you can use to even out skin-tone. Light green foundations help to even out redness - but don't use too much and make sure to blend it well. (You can mix a little in with your moisturizer to help it go on more even). You typically can't find that sort of thing at a drugstore however, I have seen a green tinted concealer stick at Walmart.


As the others said, the more professional quality stuff from a department store might be most likely to have a shade you need. You could also look around places that sell more 'alternative' cosmetics. Most of those, unfortunately, are on the internet so unless they'll send you a sample it can be frustrating trying to pick color. But places like goodgoth.com or Manic Panic both sell very light foundations (no, not just white :) , light, natural-toned colors).
I know most ';pale'; colors have pink undertones and I HATE it. I found one that works great for me because it has ';yellow'; undertones. It's Liquid Powder Mineral Foundation in the color Vanilla Cream and is by Bee-Luscious Cosmetics. You might be a bit little than me so I would check out the color Cream Beige. It also has more yellow undertones.

No comments:

Post a Comment