Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Good tips for first time liquid foundation user?

I ordered a liquid foundation from Mary Kay the other day and I can't wait to get it. Could you give me some tips for applying it and any other tips? Thanks!





P.S. This is my foundation brush I have: http://www.poshbrushes.com/86724.html





Please no answers saying MK's foundation is bad plz thanks! : DGood tips for first time liquid foundation user?
a foundation brush is good, plus I've heard good things about posh brushes. Don't use your fingers. Clean the brush at LEAST every week. bacteria build up on makeup brushes which can cause infections, bad hygiene and breakouts. Also, don't stick your brush to the rim of the bottle as this will spread bacteria and you'll need to get a new foundation sooner than if you maintain sanitary-ness (lol, is that a word?) So yeah, don't touch the brush or fingers or anything to the actual makeup bottle as you can contaminate it. squeeze/pour/pump a small amount of makeup onto a clean palette and work from there. Remember, don't start with a lot. You can always build the coverage to be what you want, but if you put too much you have to do all your makeup again! A lot of people don't realize how important it is to keep makeup sanitary, but if you follow these, then you should be good. you can find vids on Youtube about how to clean brushes. Put concealer on after foundation, otherwise you can rub off the concealer when you put on foundation. Hope this helps! oh, and just experiment a little. You'll find what works for you with practice.


Oh, and Jessica said to use the brush for powder, but don't. It's a liquid foundation brush. I'm not being mean! I just mean to be helpful :DGood tips for first time liquid foundation user?
Mary Kay foundations is very different from most liquid foundations so make sure you use a little bit and I really mean little you can always apply more


First you want to use an oil free moisturizer I don't let mine dry completely to helps the foundation spread easier. again it is different then other liquids not watery


Second dot your forehead nose checks and chin spread out across the forehead and down on the rest of your face the foundations is the only product you apply downward otherwise you show the flaws like hairs on your face.


Mary Kay foundation is buildable so you can apply another layer if you need more if you apply too much add moisturizer and you can spread it out.
I have not used a foundation brush. I use this Beauty Sponge called ';BeautyBlender';. You put it in water, squeeze it out, and squeeze it once again in a towel, and PAT on your foundation. Very natural smooth application. Use your foundation sparingly to avoid an overly made-up look. The Beauty Blender is a little pricey but I saw a Sonia Kashuk (Target) sponge that seemed similar for much less.





I use concealer AFTER my foundation because the foundation also does a little coverage and I don't want to overdo the concealer. Also blend with the sponge.
For liquid foundation, it is easy to apply too much, and you don't want that. It will look bad, and feel heavy. Hopefully you had a consultant help match you up with the right color. The wrong color is the worst. Also, concealer can be put on before or after. I usually put it on before, it helps blend everything better, but I usually keep a tube in my purse so I can dab a little more on during the day if need be.
I put concealer on before my foundation, but I really don't think it matters as long as you blend it in really well.





When applying liquid foundation, make sure you apply in the direction your hair goes so it doesn't clump and look weird. If you have a sponge, I would use that and use the brush to apply powder in a circular motion to set the liquid foundation.
Ok, this is going to be kinda hard to explain but i wil try. First you want to dab foundation over your face. Be sure not to put to much it always way easier to add then to take off. Start in the center of your face (nose) and spread out towards ears, hairline, neck. This is a cheesy way of explaining it but pretend your nose is the center of a flower, the strokes of the brush should go out as if they were the petals. Be sure to get all the way to hairline and be sure to blend down the chin.





As for the concealer I would aplly first then use the foundation to blend.





Hope this helps.
no actually mk foundation is great!!





i would reconend you use a wedged sponge though for applying the foundation...


i am a makeup artist and unless you know how to really apply foundation with a brush you szhouldnt use one..


it can be verry tricky and you might end up looking uneven

No comments:

Post a Comment