Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What is better? Liquid foundation or tinted moisturiser? And what's the difference?

I normally use Liquid foundation but my skin is going through a dry patch, looks ok until i put foundation on (after i've cleansed, toned and put hydration moisturiser on) My friend uses just tinted moisturiser and her skin looks good. But my face is very freckly so don't like to look too bare. Please help. Can you recommend UK products as that's where i live. Thanks.What is better? Liquid foundation or tinted moisturiser? And what's the difference?
But I love freckles! A tinted moisturizer is more sheer than foundation, which gives more coverage. If you're wanting to hide the freckles a tinted moisturizer probably wouldn't do it. It does give a bit more moisture, but less coverage. Have you tried a cream foundation? They're recommended for dry skin. I wish you luck in your search! Love from america!What is better? Liquid foundation or tinted moisturiser? And what's the difference?
I personally prefer tinted moisturizer over liquid foundation because it is lighter and more natural looking.


My favorites are Arbonne's and Aveda's. I know Arbonne is available in the UK, but I am not sure about Aveda's. I also know that Arbonne's Tinted Moisturizer is actually good for your skin. I would also recommend a makeup primer to wear under the tinted moisturizer and a good loose powder to set the tinted moisturizer after applying. Arbonne also has both of those products. I know Aveda has the powder, but am not sure about the primer.


You can contact me if you need help finding either.
personally i prefer tinted moisturiser but depending on how dark your freckles are it might not cover them up. if you decide you want to try liquid moisturiser why not go into boots and test it out as they have loads of testers for you to try. then you can see if it will give you enough coverage.





my personal favourite is 17 sheer cool foundation. ive tried others that are lower and higher in price but i have found this to be far better. as this is a 17 product, you will only find it in boots for 拢4.49. (which is very reasonably priced and cheaper than a foundation). i use it every day and the tube lasts me about three months.





how about using a concealer and a tinted moisturiser? a liquid concealer works best for covering freckles- the body shop do a great one.





if this doesnt work and you want to use foundation, i would reccomend rimmel lasting foundation. my friend uses it and it does a really good job on her freckles and you have to look really close to see them.





a good pre make up routine for dry skin is important to prep the skin. exfoliate gently to remove flaky skin. dont overdo. gentle toner, moisturiser - elizabeth arden eight hour cream is best (although a little pricey) as an overnight treatment too. massage and work it into skin. for daytime before foundation this works well too- use a tiny bit as a little goes a long way. use as above, massage well into skin. leave it for a few mins before applying foundation. good luck.





hope this helps


x
I think a tinted moisturiser would be OK. I like Boots one

No comments:

Post a Comment