Friday, January 8, 2010

What is the best liquid foundation for african americans?

like everytime i'm trying to order one for my mom, and everytime i order one online i always get the wrong color. it's like the color look totally different in real life than they look in picture. where can iget one that look thesame in picture as well as when i get it?What is the best liquid foundation for african americans?
I reccomend going to a MAC counter and having the make up artist fit your mom for a colour.


That's the only way you'll get the proper colour.What is the best liquid foundation for african americans?
I recommend that you no longer buy foundation over the internet because its really hard to match your skin tone to a picture. If you have lots of cash to spend I would recommend that you buy MAC because of all the different shades of color. If you are on a budget I would recommend True Match by L'oreal because not only can you find your skin tone but you can also match your undertone such as a rose undertone, yellow, or neutral. I personally use True Match and I love it. Also another good brand to try for African American skin colors is the Queen Collection by Cover girl. This line specifically targets women of darker colors. Also a tip when buying foundation always test the color on your jawline in natural lighting because if you try it on your wrist, your wrist is obviously a different color from your face. If you can't test it hold the bottle to your jawline and if you're still not sure go with the darker shade because it will be easier to wear. Hope this helps =)
You need to quit ordering make-up on the internet; this is a big no no for 2 reasons. 1, computer screens make the color of the make-up look so different and when you finally get it will be much lighter or darker. 2, it's much cheaper to just go to the store and buy it and you're most likely not going to get the wrong color in person.





EDIT: MaryKay, is not good at all. One time, my we had a MaryKay make-up party at my house and we were all getting our make-up done, including white women, and it was too light, too shear and it just slid off of my face. It also looked horrible on the white women. That make-up is terrible! I'm from Dallas, TX, and I hate it. But, 2 good make-up lines are M.A.C, and Fashion Fair.
well i wouldn't recommend you purchase it online anymore. I use Mac Products. They are great and 95% of my friends do also. They can usually be found in the mall. They are very friendly...and they will match you up. Another one is Fashion Fair. A lot of older people use that one. I really suggest a store visit then after you find out what your number/shade is you can order online thereafter.
The absolute best makeup for an african amercian is the Queen collection By Queen latifah It will make you look natural
I use MaryKay. I am very dark and I still don't use the darkest foundation they have. I love it and have been using it for over a year.



Covergirl Trublend! It's amazing!!
iman

No comments:

Post a Comment