Friday, January 8, 2010

If I have dry skin should I use a sponge or brush to apply liquid foundation?

i normally wear mineral powder but i want more coverage for my acne scars that are red/purple. i tried liquid foundation the other day with a sponge and it showcased all of my dry skin.


i exfoliate but can't seem to get it all off enough for my skin to look decent with the foundation.


i take the sponge and pull it in downward strokes because i read that somewhere.


am i doing it wrong? should i be stifling? or whatever it is calledIf I have dry skin should I use a sponge or brush to apply liquid foundation?
moisturize and don't wear too much makeup because it draws attention to the dry skinIf I have dry skin should I use a sponge or brush to apply liquid foundation?
i have dry skin and i use a brush,i find it so much easier
I have the same problem with the dry skin :)


Well, what I do is moisturize, then apply the foundation with a brush, then I moisturize on top of the foundation if my skin is dry.
Use e45 cream for a week and don't wear any make up at all and it should go quite easily!


Or apply cream let it set and then put your make up on it might not show it as much!


i have the same problem got terrible eczema on my face but i hate going out the house with a bare face Lol
I have acne scars and dry skin too, so I hope I can help you. What you should get is a lite moisturizer and switch to a gentle face wash that will not dry your skin out more. If you use a face wash that is made for skin with acne then you need the moisturizer even more. Any brand of moisturizer is good, just make sure that it's lite (non-greasy) and doesn't have any acne medication in it (that can dry your skin out more).





Do not exfoliate every day, this will irritate your skin, possibly clog your pores, and could dry your face out even more. Only exfoliate twice a week, so your skin has time to heal.





When I used mineral powder foundation, I must use a concealer on my acne scars. Mineral powder is great for a natural look, but it's too light to cover problems like that. After you put the powder on dot a little bit of concealer on your scars and blend it in.





When using liquid foundation, I use a sponge, just because a brush is so messy and I feel like the brush is wasting so much of my foundation that I'm loosing money. Work in downward strokes, and don't forget to blend it lightly into your jawline, so you don't look like you're wearing a make-up mask. After you have your foundation on, use concealer to cover up your acne scars and then set your foundation (so it doesn't wear off too easily) with a light dusting of powder.





Foundation can't really fix dry skin, but proper skin care can, over time, make it look better. Be sure to wash your face morning and night, and be sure to apply a lite moisturizer before putting on your foundation and before heading to bed.
Wash your face first, then apply a face moisturizer.





Right after that soaks in, apply your liquid foundation. I always use my fingers.





If you still can see flaky skin, add a little bit more moisturizer on that spot (Not you whole face.) Then blend it in with face powder, matching your foundation.





Good luck.
Hey, I hear ya. I have dry skin on my forehead and nose that just won't go away! But I have found that it applies easier (in any form) if I use a little bit of baby lotion right before I put my makeup on. Baby lotion works best for me, I'm sure any skin healing lotion would do, but it also doesn't have a strong smell and it's not oily. It may take a few moisturizes before it starts to work, but it's worth it.





I think both the sponge and the brush work; I use a sponge and lightly dab my powder on the areas that are dry, rather than rub against my skin. Try that.
Doing it with your hands is best-the heat from your body warms up the foundation so it goes on more smoothly, and some of the oils from your hands will help with the flakiness on your face. Using a brush is probably the next best thing to use, but using your hands is always the #1 choice.
if your going with coverup, try Clinique Advanced Concealer, its $14 and u can find it on clinique.com. this really works and its designed for those red bumps and acne scars. it doesnt slide off, so just dab it on the scars, u dont need 2 much!! to get rid of dark spots:





use a fading peel derictly on the spot. it will help new skin cells form more quickly and even out your skin tone. the fading peel is called Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Acne Mark Fading Peel for $15 at drugstores.





hope this helped!!! =P
i have very dry skin and i exfoliate with neutrogena stress scrub and use some ponds dry skin lotion on my face immediately after i shower and then immediately apply powder. use concealer on he scars
i think youd be better of with ';dream matte moose'; its not actualy liquid and it dosent show dry skin and hides achne scars well :)
It doesnt matter which you use , You do however need a moisturizer .. To cover acne scars its best to use a tinted moisturizer and then your foundation that way you get better coverage :)
i use my finger and it works fine but sometimes dry skin actually looks better with out the make up as it just highlights the problem
After you exfoliate try using a double dose of moisturizer wait 5 minutes and apply again then apply your foundation but I use upward strokes to the hair line then wait a minute and actually use a light dusting of power to seal and then take an ice cube and lightly run over my face to set the makeup to matte perfection and this works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment